Sunday 11 April 2010

Who Are You and What Are You Doing in My Kitchen? Part III

Where am I? Where are you?
Well, long story short, we are on Earth, but anybody could tell you that. I'm going to tell you where you actually are...

So, science has deduced that we live in some random spot in the Universe, which is big. Really big. You just can't imagine how big it really is. It has in it, everything that has ever existed ever. Well, at least since the beginning of it. Who knows what was there, if anything, before the universe. But that's a different story. Our Universe, where "Earth" is, is, well, where "Earth" is. It's where everything is. If you want something, I can assure you you'll find it in the Universe. Any kind of matter, all the time, cats, everything! Including us. But, where exactly is the Universe? As far as I know, It's everywhere! It's so big, it takes up 93 billion light years in space. That's enormous. Don't even ask me how enormous that is, because I'm no astronomer, I'm a person. I just know that this makes everybody and everything extremely insignificant. It really makes everything quite pointless.

So, we live on Earth. Yes. And the Earth is somewhere in the universe. Yes. And the Universe takes up a space in Space that is nearly incomprehensible. Yes. So, where is Space? ...Yes?
No. Think of it like this: The Universe is constantly expanding, and we know this because of This! One of the most beautiful things in Physics if you ask me... But when the universe expands, it's not a big black bubble stretching into a white abyss, it's a mass of things, spreading out across already black (lightless) areas. Because what is "Space"? It's something without anything in it. It's empty area. And the Universe is a really fucking big mass of elements and shit, also us. We're in there too. But Space is... Even bigger than the Universe. The Universe is taking more and more up everyday. And there is still more than plenty of room to grow! How much room? I don't know! Nobody does! That's the crazy part! We don't know where the fuck we are, or where we are going. Or when it will stop. As far as our knowledge about empty areas, we're kind of in the dark. Like, we're back before God was thought up to answer why the Sun happens. WAY before that. Nobody knows. And that's the beauty of the Universe and the Space everything in it takes up. It's untouchable.

As far as I'm concerned, in this huge-ass piece of empty area, that we know next to nothing about, the only way I'm sure I exist is because I question my existence. I think about it all the time. I think therefore I am. Which is pretty much exactly the philosophy of my dear friend Mr. Descartes. If you don't know him, I highly suggest you say 'Hi'...

So, we're not really anywhere. Our existence is just kind of floating around in empty area.
No matter what you do is going to change the beginning or ending of anything ever, ever.
And I think the best thing to do with your "existence" is anything you want to do.
Because it's not very long, and if you spend most of it being miserable, well, that's not very fun at all, is it?

No comments: