Monday 1 March 2010

Who are you, and what are you doing in my kitchen? Part I

So, today I present you with this question: Who am I, what am I doing here, and just where am I anyway? Over the course of however many days, I'm going to try to answer this in three different parts, the best I can. So, to begin, Part One: Who am I?


Well, through out the course of my life, and I'm sure yours, time after time, I've been told that I am human. So, I guess I am a human, whatever that word means. I am much taller than a bug, and a lot shorter than a tree; I am driven by emotions rather than ration or logic, and I really like to talk to other things like me. I exist, or so it seems. I'm not sure why I am, or where I am for that matter, but as far as I can tell, other humans see and hear me, so I assume that I am a real.
I think. I can hear things without talking. These thoughts are real; they are happening as I think them. Sometimes I write them down. I can see things. I interpret and try to understand the things and other beings I see. I hear noises that everything makes; and everything makes noise. It's very noisy where ever I am.
I feel. I like to feel. I like to feel people touching me, and I like to touch everything; everything has it's own feeling, it's own warmth or cold. I can smell. Everything smells different. I remember smells quite well.
Remember: I can re-think of thoughts and sights and touches and smells and sounds. I remember a lot.

I do these things a lot. What does it mean?
I am doing all these verbs, these things I can do, all the time, and I do them in my own way. Sometimes it's something no being has ever done before, sometimes it's things everybody does. If I didn't do those things, people still would. If I never came to be would there be somebody else thinking my thoughts? Were there be somebody with different thoughts in my place? Is my place completely unique to myself? I don't know. All I know is I am myself.

I am me.
I came to be me somehow.
Nobody else can see/hear/think/smell/feel exactly what I take in.

I have feelings! I am emotionally driven. Emotions drive my decisions. They make me do what I do; they make me who I am. So, as an emotional driven human, I sure like to have an opinion about everything. For some reason I love things, I hate things, somethings are okay, somethings I could care less about. I don't know why. My body, this thing that I am, makes these emotions and I feel them. I become happy and sad and I feel what love and hate is. And jealously. I get that one a lot. I hate when people try to get what I have, whether it is what I have, or what I have created, tangible or not. And I want things. I desire to have things in my possession. I don't know why I want things. It's an urge. I have urges to get things and do things and I don't know why. Myself just decides that it I need to get/do something right now, and I will be happy. What's up with being happy? Everybody is always trying to be happy. Because it feels good?
Everybody wants to feel good.
That must be Why I Am Here...

Also, I like to dance.
I don't know why.
I guess it feels good.

No comments: